You remember my post about the world’s largest swimming pool don’t you? It was floating around on the Internet getting sent to all and sundry via email. Well, here’s another one I received via email. Faithfully reproduced here as another X-factor post. You’ve just got to check out (or should that be check in at) the Atlantis Hotel Dubai.
The Atlantis Hotel in Dubai , one of the world’s most anticipated hotels, finally opened its doors on September 24. Situated on 113 acres of the Palm Jumeirah, the hotel boasts over 1539 rooms.
1. Neptune and Poseidon Suites are exclusive to the Atlantis Hotel, with both the bedroom and bathrooms having views directly into the mesmerising underwater world of the Ambassador Lagoon.
2. Want a sea view … the Ambassador Lagoon is a window into the wonders of the ocean, and the centre-piece of Atlantis with over 250 species of fish and sea creatures.
3. In keeping with the water theme, the Lost Chamber is a maze of underwater halls and tunnels under the Ambassador Lagoon. It has over 65,000 fish.
4. Want to see sea food before you eat it? The Ossiano is home to a three-star Michelin chef, and offers gourmet seafood with views of the exotic marine life in the Ambassador Lagoon.
5. Shake hands with the inhabitants at Dolphin Bay. This is a four-and-a-half hectare lush tropical setting where you get the chance to meet the colourful denizens their natural habitat.
6. Big dipper … Aquaventure is a 42-acre water park with the Ziggurat Centerpiece that touts a 27.5m vertical drop.
7. Water slide with a view of the Shark tank … after the Ziggurat, you will emerge slowly through the lagoon at Shark Attack.
8. All washed up is one for the kid in all of us. The rapids are a 2.3km path of tidal river with one metre waves through a lush tropical landscape.
9. Are you shark proof? You can experience the Shark Tank from the dry comfort of tunnels and the viewing chamber.
10. Now that’s a bar with a view… sip cocktails in the oceanic space of Barazura and enjoy views overlooking Palm Jumeirah.
11. Want to make a grand entrance? Check in at the Grand Lobby. If this doesn’t make a colourful first impression, nothing will.
12. Enjoy your bath time. The spa experience includes two hours of spa treatments, your own private time in a jetted tub and access to both indoor and outdoor relaxation areas.
13. Get the royal treatment with your spa. The Royal Spa Suite offers treatments designed to individual needs and a spa menu delivered by private butler service.
14. Finally, enjoy the grand designs of the Atlantis Hotel Dubai as each of the 1373 spacious guest rooms and 166 suites is designed with subtle oceanic and Arabic influences.
Well, what do you think about that? Want to just pop along for a little holiday? I know I do.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.